“Accessories are what, in my opinion, pull the whole look together and make it unique.” – Yves Saint Laurent
This statement is not only true about fashion but also about our homes. Accessorizing your home can seem daunting. Especially when you are looking at multiple rooms. Here are a few tips from us to you on choosing accessories to complete your space.
- Start with a Rug: Working from the ground up seems less intimidating and the rug can be seen as a focal piece within the room. Choose it first then work from its palette.
- Seasonal Accessories: Have fun with the seasons and holidays. Changing pieces out will give your space personality and keep you from seeing the same pillows, plates, and candles everyday.
- Be Selective: Loving your accessories is a must. Don’t just display something in your home. Take the time to find pieces you love, after all you will be living with them.
- Multiples are a Good Thing: Repeated multiples of smaller items is a great trick. Small mirrors or pictures on a wall hung side by side or in a symmetrical fashion works very well.
- Pillows: Use various sizes, textures, patterns and colors to create your space. Be brave with them, investing in several so changing them out is easy when the mood suits you!
Accessorizing your home is just as important as accessorizing yourself. Think about balance, choose pieces you love mixing in modern with classic and of course have fun!